Wednesday 8 July 2015

THE #CUTLIFE: MY SIDE SHAVE EXPERIENCE



Famously sported on celebrities such as Rihanna, Cassie & Ellie Goulding, by now you must have heard about the side shave epidemic ...or be living under a rock! With that being said, like most of the hairstyles I spontaneously go for, either inspired by a celebrity or something on my Pintrest feed, I decided to take the plunge and experience this bold hairdo.

My Experience- Before
Before even being 10ft near a razor or a barber shop, I decided to thoroughly do my research on the style of my desired side cut. Did I want it to be simple? Did I want a pattern? How much will it cost? Am I going to do it myself? Barber? Did I want it on the left side of my head? Did I want it on the right? These were just a few questions I asked myself when constructing the exact way I wanted my side cut. Whenever you do something as bold as cutting off one side of your hair off, it is really important to think and research on what it is you exactly want. This being fairly obvious, because once you start chopping, there's no going back.

I looked at pictures. I also watched Youtube videos on people's tips & experiences on getting their side shaved as well as how they maintain it. This may be something you want to consider before diving into the cut life. I wanted mine on the left side of my head, to just behind my ear. I even sectioned this area back before I cut it & rocked a faux hairdo bobby pinning it back to get a confident look and feel of how my side cut will look on me. You could even try doing a braid instead to get that faux side cut look.


My Experience- During
I went to my local barber shop to get my side cut done. Both of my brothers got their hair cut there, so I knew it was a reliable and affordable choice. It only cost me £5. I went with my younger brother for 'moral support', but I wasn't nervous. Not even when the barber continuously asked me if I was sure I wanted to do it. I sectioned off the area I wanted cut before he started and clipped the rest out of the way. I got it cut down to a level 2.

My Experience- After
After I got my side cut, I felt kind of liberated. A lot of people, especially females, take a lot of pride in their hair so for me I felt really empowered and care free after- despite cutting off a whole chunk of my hair. I got a lot of compliments on my cut, and still do till this day. It's been nearly a year already! The cut puts a twist on any ordinary hairstyle; be it twist outs, straight hair, braid outs, box braids or even a sew in (which I am planning to try in the near future). I get my hair cut every 2-3 weeks down to a level 1, only because my hair grows quite fast. So with that said, for me, it is a quite a bit of maintenance.I go to the same place and person for the same price I first got it.

I hope this post was helpful, make sure to check out & follow my Instagram for pictures of how I style my side cut. If you have any questions or want me to post anything specific in the future- COMMENT DOWN BELOW! All social media will be listed below :)

 

Twitter @Tyrachuck12
Instagram @Tyrachuck12
Pintrest @Tyrachuck12
Tumblr: allthingstheculture.tumblr.com




No comments :

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC